[RESOLVED] Donner's Laser is not Firing

I am having a strange issue with Donner. I imported a file from AI and sent it to Donner and it would Move the laser but not fire it. I created a test file to see it it was the file i imported but it still would not fire. Any suggestions?

Switch needed to be flipped.
All is well.

5 Likes

Please educate me.

Which switch? Thanks.

2 Likes

I am all self taught with my laser and when the laser does not fire it can be frustrating to figure out. On my Mars 130 there is a settings option to run aa diagnostic to look for anything that but have an issue but it doesn’t always work. The best thing is to make sure everything is plugged in and running correctly or if they are even on. Ill admit i forget to turn on the laser from time to time and think i broke it or something. Any problems with a laser can be daunting to figure out how to fix with the small amount of information online. The more you know and can share the easier it would be to figure out. I specialize in troubleshooting and finding information to fix things like the lasers and 3d printer i have. If there is any questions i can help find an answer too ill always do my best to find the information to help so dont be afraid to ask. Just for future cases i noticed the resolved but if you could put which switches so someone else that might come across this and use the information to fix their problem would greatly be appreciated.

1 Like

There are two ‘on/off’ switches on the side of the Nova lasers. The switch for the laser itself (the lower of the two vertically stacked switches) was set to the ‘off’ position. I turned it back on and voila…laser fired perfectly.

3 Likes