Resin SIG- Train the Trainer -- Resurrected 2019 thread

Weekends work best, but I can do a weekday evening as well.

I vote Sunday as well

I might be out of town on the 26-27, but as of right now either works.

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I have scheduled the class for 11am on Sunday the 27th and it will be for 90 minutes. Check around 9:30 am on Sunday the 13th and the class should be available for registration. I set the class for approval so as not to get random folks signed up for the class outside of those in this conversation or those who do wish to be trainers on this equipment.

If anyone is unable to make the class, but still wishes to be a trainer then @Jeeves or myself can probably sign you off individually. We are still awaiting the calendar to get an AD Group setup for this equipment but hopefully once we start teaching this class regularly that will be in place. Please let me know if you have any questions.

4 Likes

I was just told about the class and just signed up. Iā€™m looking for classes to start teaching since Iā€™m new here. Iā€™ve had experience with pressure pots using them to help infuse carbon fiber sheets with resin. I hope youā€™ll approve me for the class :grin:

1 Like

We would love to have you!

I logged in this morning and saw 7 folks signed up who had said they wanted to teach, thatā€™s awesome, thanks everyone! If you had already chimed in here and signed up I have approved you. If you have not had time to sign up yet but wanted to, please let me know here as I donā€™t often see the notices. thanks!

1 Like

Signed up this morning.

2 Likes

Bam!
Signed up

4 Likes

I have been doing some resin work for pens, knife scales, pistol grips and other turning items. I have used both Alumilite Slow that requires a pressure pot , and white, clear cast that donā€™t. I have used the UV resin for jewelry. I have also used the stabilizing resin for pinecones that I put in Alumilite slow for my knife scales. I would like to pass along what I know and help others out if you are still looking for a teacher. I am retired so I have the time.

1 Like

Yes please!!! I just bought a bunch of the Alumilite Slow during their Black Friday sale. Would love to learn any tricks you have. Iā€™ve learned a ton from @Lordrook and would like to get more tips and tricks from other people.

What are you wanting to make? I have two pressure pots. Do I need to bring them? I think dsm or has one.

Hey Sam, glad to have another resin artist in the mix. we have two 2.5 gallon pressure pots and one 5 gallon pot.One of the smaller pots is earmarked for instructor use only as we had run into situations where one person was using all 3 and I had a class. Additionally, we have a lot of smaller silicone molds, a box of alcohol inks, and a small vacuum chamber (which might be dead at this point). Youā€™ll need to demonstrate with the Creative Arts department chair that you have knowledge of the tools to get signed off but after that you should be good to go.

1 Like

Who is the chair? I was planning on coming to the next meeting in December and find out what I need to do to teach. I like to teach

List of chairs can be found here
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Current_Chairpersons

CAā€™s presently is @jrkriehn and vice is @Edenblue

1 Like