Resin SIG meeting Friday 2/15, 2019

Hi all!
@SIG_Resin
This month’s SIG meeting will be pretty short unless anyone has other things to add.
We have a pretty stocked cabinet of consumables now.
We will be having a discussion on duplicate Pressure Pot need and possibly vote on it.

If anyone has anything to add or wants to do a demo let me know.

One item about which I was wondering (and I apologize if it has been discussed at a session I was unable to attend)…

Consumables currently do not include various grit varieties of wet/dry sandpaper. Is this something that could benefit us by the SIG buying in bulk and the members purchasing on a per-sheet basis? Is there any appetite for something like that?

We just purchased some and it is available in the cabinet. Please do consider ripping off only what you need rather than taking a whole sheet.

That reminds me to add a list of consumables to the wiki.

1 Like

Great to know! There was none to be found yesterday, and in passing, Steve had indicated that we didn’t have any.
Are the kiosks updated with the pricing?

@uglyknees Shay told me to ask who I need to contact to get the kiosk updated with Resin consumables.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean it walked off, but it wasn’t super organized because I was waiting for our third shelf after the cleanup day.

1 Like

No worries. I know we are still getting organized. Meanwhile, Steve was kind enough to give me some scraps from his personal stash for my immediate usage :smiley:

Your efforts and leadership are appreciated!

1 Like

@nicksilva You should totally demo the ostrich egg carving😂

I would be happy to do so at sometime in the future. I don’t think I have any ostrich eggs laying around right now

@SIG_Resin
In light of recent events, and the member meeting scheduled at the same time, I wanted to put it up here for a vote as to whether to reschedule the SIG meeting if you’d like to attend the other meeting instead.

I am fine either way. We are not voting on anything at this meeting.

Let me know!

1 Like

I think a different date would be a good idea.

2 Likes

Might be a good idea to reschedule.

2 Likes

I’m for a new date. I’d like to attend

1 Like

I will email those that signed up and reschedule.

I can attend the last part of the current meeting or the other it’s makes no difference to me

I am going to reschedule for another night.

3 Likes

I just added a bunch of resin classes for this Sunday, if you could spread the work i would appreciate it

You got it! I can try to make something as cool as Stephanie Webb’s announcements.

Can you go back into them and choose resin as a category so they are easier to find? All resin classes should live under this category.