Resin printer available post-shutdown?

Will the resin printer will be available for general (i.e., member) use post-shutdown?

Prior to the shutdown, I think I heard some hall talk that it might be up for elimination or replacement.

1 Like

If I recall the printer requires rubbing alcohol - which is in Short Supply™ - to clean prints thus mundane logistics issues are apt to inhibit its use.

3 Likes

How could that not go over awesome?

Simple Green can also be used to clean uncured resin off of fresh prints (according to a friend of mine with a resin printer).

2 Likes

I could bring my own alcohol …

1 Like

That’s what I use. Also there is the water soluble resin.

Simple Green didn’t work for washing my prints. Neither did 40 proof vodka. I made a video about this actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL25cKKUZo0

I have a partial bottle of 99% I’ve been reusing for resin prints but it’s been limiting me.

@John_Marlow PM and I can print whatever you want in resin, I have about half a liter or clear resin on my Peopoly Moai, I’ve done some DnD miniatures for friends but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Does everclear work?

Maybe Bacardi 151, so if the resin is still sticky, I won’t care because I’ll be passed out on the couch.

3 Likes