Resin casting basics

We would like to learn how to cast resin to make those cool resing top tables that look like landscapes.
Is there any masters casters that can help with teaching , tips, best materials and techniques?

Might hit up woodshop with this too. I know a lot of members of woodshop does resin too

2 Likes

@shamondo I’d enjoy getting in on learning resin casting as well!

1 Like

Here is a link for resin casting in cutting boards. It would be similar for a table top
resin casting cutting boards
although it probably wouldn’t have to be cut into two pieces just routed down some depth (unless you’re planning to regularly flip the table and want to see the resin in the back). cheers!

2 Likes

@Lordrook does a lot with resin, he may be able to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

There’s a ton of good videos out there about various kinds of resin casting. I would recommend that you start there, then if you have questions I am available via PM or even a call if needed. I have done a river bed table, but not the landscape kind (though I do want to try one of those sometime soon). I unfortunately wont be spending a lot of time at the space since I am in the high risk category for Covid.

5 Likes

Nice video but never operate a corded tool on top a non chocked wheeled caster platform

2 Likes

Hmu if you need some help. Tables are my thing.

4 Likes

Its so you can hold the board and watch the planer walk its way down the board.

Skipping around the part that caught my eye was his backward cut on the miter saw. He digs down at the back and pulls the saw towards him.

1 Like