Request for Artwork on a cornhole board

DMS Artists,
I’m building a cornhole set for some friends and I have a picture that I’d like place on the boards. I don’t know if this would be the right use of the vinyl cutter or if it would simply be easier to paint on the boards (or if there are other better options. that I’m not even aware of). The goal would be to have the text “Arkansas” on the top of one board and “Razorbacks” on the top of the second with the image below each one.

Text area on each board is : 5" tall by 24" wide
Image area on each board is 32" tall by 24" wide

Sorry I hit return before I attached the image:

I would suggest printing this on the large format printer and cutting it out along the black edges. Then you can mod podge it down to the corn hole boards.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HWY6EM/ref=asc_df_B000HWY6EM5263441/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000HWY6EM&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194013412954&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16202795692678589547&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026909&hvtargid=pla-314745395944

3 Likes

My son and I made a skateboard a few years ago. We used waterslide decal paper. Painted base coat on the bottom of the board. Printed decals on waterslide paper. Applied fixative spray. Put the decals on the board just like putting decals on a model airplane. Then lots of clear (polycrilic) coats to seal and protect it.

Not sure if waterslide paper comes that big. But I have heard that vinyl can peel off of cornhole boards that are used often, even with several coats of poly over them.

Heads up, we are still waiting on information regarding the purchase of a new wide format. Current ones are still down/degraded

Lets see… Cornhole artwork… I… I…

Nope. Nope Nope Nope.

1 Like

You might be able to print it on rice paper and then coat it with resin. When coated with resin, rice paper becomes transparent. I believe a similar technique is used for surf boards and you might even be able to find someone to print the logo on rice paper for you. When I was playing with this I printed on rice paper by taping the rice paper to a sheet of regular paper. I have only used this for very small things.