Replacement gas springs for screen printing rig

The gas springs on the screen printing rig are rather weak and keep dropping the screen arms. I did a little research and found what I believe are viable replacements. I am not familliar with how the makerspace does this sort of thing though.

I used one of the gantry scales and measured 22-24lbs on one of the stronger arms. Based on that, probably a 30lbs replacement would work. The springs are 7.5 inches (center to center) extended, and just over 5.25 compressed. I am pretty sure they have 10mm (3/8") ball sockets, but I did not actually measure that.

To back that up, the existing springs are labeled “avm NPDSE200A80PS30”, where I believe the 200 represents the overall length in millimeters and the PS30 represents the force in pounds, but I cannot seem to find any specs for the original springs.

Based on the above, I believe the following would work for replacements:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2FVYNA

2 for $30, free shipping, maybe buy one set, see if they work, and if so, buy another set as well.

The details on the spec can be found here:

30lbs, 7.5" length extended, 5.25" compressed, 10mm ball socket.

Thanks,
Scott

2 Likes

@mreynolds @missydee1206 @talkers

1 Like

I’ll be there tonight and will take a looksee

Thank you so much Scott and Guy for doing the research and finding the needed replacements.

Having a screen with ink and squeegee drop is very annoying. We currently can trust only one.

1 Like