Replacement for Car Alarm Fob

My fob for my car entry & alarm system is running out of juice. I’ll open it and see if a battery replacement is possible, but I also was wondering about replacements, including better (i.e. cheaper) sources, and/or if I can replace it with any fob or if there is typically something proprietary about each alarm system.

My current fob is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/APS2K4SAW-Transmitter-Programming-Instructions-Description/dp/B07PDNC5ST

The blah on the back of the fob is:

FCC ID ELVATOC
APS2K4SAW

But a search on that just brings up stuff like the Amazon link, etc.

I think I’ll stat with trying for a batter replacement. When I first look it was in a darker environment and I missed the dark, muck-filled screw hole, but I see it now. So “fix” will probably be straight forward.

Maybe take some hydroxymoxiechloroflourocarbons and you will feel better? :–)

1 Like

At least it is your thermometer. Not one from a few states away.

1 Like

On mine, there were no screws. A plastic spodger can help depress the internal clips and separate the clamshell halves. Avoid using a sharp knife or box cutter, as there may be a rubber gasket running the perimeter in a groove inside.

1 Like

I’ve taken my fobs/keys to Batteries+ and they’ve done my battery replacement for the cost of the battery only. And that’s not a “killer.”

1 Like

I had to look that up. The pictures I found all called it a spudger. Never woulda guessed either variation was an actual word.

1 Like

I was introduced to this word by an old-timer in the telecom industry when he asked me to hand him one whilst punching down a 110block. I had no idea what he meant, but fortunately, that was the only ‘tool’ within reach…
Interesting etymology…

1 Like

Well at least it isn’t a wire stretcher, conduit stretcher, sky hook, etc…

1 Like

Anvil lube

2 Likes

I can’t even blame autocorrect. :blush:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like