Reopening date and new rules

Thank you to all who have been working toward this date and reopening the space. I’m excited to see friends and co-makers again. The rules seem thorough, well thought out, reasonable and realistic.

Looking forward to Monday!

2 Likes

Can these rules be posted around the space, possibly in the form of a QR code for quick access to all the rules for each committee? And as far as bringing your own cleaning supplies, do they have to be bleach based products? I’m personally a fan of more natural cleaning products I get from Target

Regardless of the product’s origins, I’d suggest you use cleaners known to be effective at sterilization. Bleach, high-concentration alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, etc are all effective - but they’re not the only compounds that can be obtained.

1 Like

Since it doesn’t have a filter on the exhaust port it’s not optimal. You could always tape a piece of blue shop towel over the outside of the exhaust and that would filter the exhaust port.

2 Likes

Copying the Google doc would probably make better source, but thank you and @John_Marlow for doing this!

I tried that. Google docs didn’t want to play.

2 Likes

Wear this with a surgical mask over the top: N95 for you, while the surgical mask cloth protects those around you from droplets.

1 Like

44 hours till makee makee! I just had to stop by in anticipation…. :slight_smile:image

4 Likes

Weird seeing that lot totally empty.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know when “soon” is? :slight_smile:

I have a question about the mask requirements… I see that masks with an unfiltered exhaust valve aren’t permitted and that makes good sense.

My question is, can such a mask be work if its exhaust vent is taped over (with surgical tape, for example)? Or if a surgical mask is worn over it?

The reason I ask is that N95s are much more effective at protecting the wearer than a cloth mask is, and as a heart patient, I want to wear one but obviously want to do my part to protect others as well. The only N95s I have include exhaust valves.

Not my suggestion, but…

2 Likes

Thanks, missed that.

@mrjimmy will socially distant makery benefits be continued for members like SkillShare?

1 Like

Im curious what sort of contact tracing we will be enforcing. If you as a maker come down with something, whose responsibility is it to notify the membership that you may have wreaked havoc on them?

Furthermore, should we be implementing an in AND out RFID swipe to make such contact tracing easier?

In an ideal world, Dallas County Public Health department would be taking care of that. I am not sure how much contact tracing they are doing these days, but Covid-19 is a notifiable (meaning the testing facility or physician has to report a positive test) condition. This is not a HIPPA violation. So contact tracing should be the responsibility of the public health department.

I’d be grateful if there was some kind of contact tracing we could do, even on an individual basis. I can’t imagine the horror I would feel if I unknowingly may have infected some of my favorite people!

A lot of good thought went into the rules. I hope other makerspaces read them and go “yeah, us too!” Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words! We have had calls with both ATX and with the space out in Tyler to share notes.

Is smoking allowed, cause obviously the face mask has to come off so is it ok to smoke while on site but a good distance away from any door or foot traffic area?