Reminder: VECTOR Committee Meeting tonight at 8pm

Just wanted to post a reminder of our regularly scheduled committee meeting tonight at 8pm. The location is now moved to the conference room off the lobby in 102.

Topics for tonight’s meeting:

• Purchasing two rolling metal cabinets from Sam’s Club.
  • Planned tool restock from Harbor Freight. Current tool collection is suffering heavy shrinkage since the move. Most of our newer and nicer tools have disappeared.
  • Planned sale of the electric organ that was donated to Vector to raise committee funds for more tools.
  • Starting pre-planning of the event we will be participating in August at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
1 Like

Oh yay…
Yet another reason to show up tonight. :upside_down_face:

Sorry I missed it.

Can we do something a bit better in quality than HF?

It’s being worked on. We (Astrud and I), recently purchased a heavily discounted toolset, and will be giving VECTOR our other randomly collected sets as a temporary stopgap to fill some of the holes with tools in reasonably decent shape for no cost.

I’ll also be asking a friend of our who works at Lowe’s to keep an eye out for their clearance sales so we can snatch up some good bargains when they’re available.

2 Likes

This is disappointing.

I see that the tables in that area are frequently in use. Are there any “standard logistics-issue” tools available for those tables? If not, that might contribute to VECTOR tools walking off.

Our newer nice wire strippers, several quality pliers and cutters, a really nice set of Dewalt insulated shafts/handles in a roll pack all walked off. They missed one handle and shaft that was not in the kit. Basically all we have left are hand-me-down used tools from other committees, donations from various members and free shelf tool finds. Over the last few months before we moved the shrinkage started going up as the general toolbox and tool wall started getting depleted. Once we moved the shrinkage greatly accelerated since our toolbox was the only one in the new area for the first few weeks while other committees worked to get moved in and setup.

It is to the point for me to work on anything properly without endlessly searching for tools I have to bring in my 60 pound tool bag with my personal tools to work on stuff in Vector. Otherwise I spend all of my time searching for the right tool that is always missing and having to walk across the space to borrow a tool then return it. Even then often I cannot find the tool I need after going to the old shop area to look for what I need.