Remember The Mazda?

Well, here it is today. Everybody knows I got expert assistance and developed some great automotive skillz working with a wide range of automotive gurus at DMS. We all know that this project went from a car in need of a junkyard home, to my personal daily driver.

Well, now I spent a couple of weeks studying the interesting art of body work and painting. So now not only do I have a 16 year old Mazda will new internal engine and reworked functional components, but now I also have the bulk of the body issues ironed out. Thanks all who contributed their time to helping me with all the sticking points that came up refurbishing this car. It was a loved first car of my little brother, and he has no Idea it looks like this now. Hope to show it to him soon. Anyhow, thanks all!

13 Likes

Doesn’t look like the same car! Nice work…

2 Likes

thankfully…1234557890

How about a “before” shot for those of us that weren’t here for the beginning? This looks like a new car btw! gratz!

4 Likes

I’m jealous! <!we;orjfghwe;rj>

1 Like

there are others about, but this one shows one of the lower points, I think, where James was likely thinking “will this thing ever work again?”

4 Likes

I remember when I made this video, I was thinking I should have things wrapped up later on maybe by morning. I just needed to maybe clean the throttle body and get the gunk off the butterfly valves…run like a champ then, watch! lol

(The car made a noise that angered many car enthusiasts when I started it. And what is all that white smoke about coming from the exhaust?)

2 Likes