Refund for material

does anyone know who we talk to regarding refunds for purchasing DMS supplies (i.e. belts for sanders, drill bits, paste wax, etc.)?

You talk to the black box next to the server room, the forms there will speak to you about reimbursement.

6 Likes

@LukeStrickland makes it sound like it’s a Burning Bush or something. (I guess if you have an apostolic name you get like that :wink:) But he’s right.

• When you purchase something for the space, keep the receipt.
  • Attach the receipt to one of the forms or print one FORM : Dallas Makerspace Expense Form . If you’ve lost the receipt, on the same link above is FORM : Dallas Makerspace Missing Receipt Form
  • Place these into the Black Mail Box next to the copy machine. If stapled, no envelop necessary, but you are welcome to use one.
  • Finance processes these weekly and check will be mailed to you. Expect check on Friday or Saturday following the Monday after you put it in the mail box. If before 5PM on a Monday it’ll get processed in that weeks checks)

Pretty simple really. Reimbursements do not require a W-9

1 Like

I’d add that purchases generally need to be pre-approved/authorized by appropriate committee chair or ?. I.E. yo can;t go out and buy a tool you want or need at the 'Space, or your preferred brand of toilet paper, and then submit receipt for reimbursement.

3 Likes

@Team_Woodshop, what is the verdict on getting reimbursed for a new belt for the 4x22 belt sander and a new container of paste wax for the lathes? Is there somewhere/someone that i submit the above mentioned forms? or do i just drop off the form with the receipts in the box?

Yes. That’ll do it. It’s good to PM the Chair so they money has been spent.