Refresher for those who have ALREADY taken the HAAS class

I am planning on offering one (or two) class on the first part of the HAAS training for those who have already taken it. These will be the CAM work with Fusion 360, since the running of the HAAS hasn’t changed. The idea is that these will be free classes (since you have already paid for the HAAS class). I will use the list that @AlexRhodes mentioned in a previous thread to filter out those who have taken the class.

This thread is to give me an idea of what day/times would meet the maximum number of people needs

• Monday evening (7-10)
  • Tuesday evening (7-10)
  • Wednesday evening (7-10)
  • Thursday evening (7-10)
  • Friday evening (7-10)
  • Saturday morning (9-12)
  • Saturday afternoon (1-4)
  • Saturday evening (6-9)
  • Sunday morning (9-12)
  • Sunday afternoon (1-4)
  • Sunday evening (6-9)

0 voters

2 Likes

Walter, I am game for any day.

1 Like

@AlexRhodes

Can you add a requirement to the existing list for those who have taken the prior HAAS class?

I can make it most evenings. Friday and Saturday are not as easy, and Thursday is always a madhouse at the space.

I will have to pull the names from Eventbrite, then add them to an Active Directory Group. Then add that as a prerequisite in the calendar system. I can get started on it tonight and hopefully have all the steps done by sometime tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks Alex. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays are normally good for me. Some weekends work too, but would prefer either a morning or evening class on weekends, as not to kill the whole day.

I put down Thursday but Friday and Sunday are also open.
I can miss a day of school on Monday if need be.
So happy to see this. thank you!

Any day or time slot works for me. That’s the advantage of being retired.

I have added the item to the calendar, It should be active in 72 hours

Thursday Mar 16, 7-9:30p
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1940

I am not going to host the Saturday class.

2 Likes

Glad you have a Saturday session. I’d like to make the LabVIEW class the 16th, but definately want to go thru the class again.

So We had 228 names and out of those names we have discrepancies between what they used to sign up in Eventbrite vs what we have in our system. So if you see your name or a variation of your name please let me know so we can add you to the list. Thanks to @StanSimmons for the help on this.

First Name Last Name
Al Abolafia
steve adams
Andy Allman
Richard Austin
Clayton Baber
Andria Buck
Emmanuel Carrillo
jennifer cartwright
Joanne Casteel
Thomas Combs
Andrew Cordell
Warren Curry
Jameson Deschain
Ellison Dunegan
Jacob Dunning
John Eberle
Alex Erdman
Brett Estabrook
Harry Farnham
Jesse Field
Roland Fillion-Robin
Charles Gallegos
H Cameron Gibson IV
Virginia Gould
Traci Gray
James Hamrick
Daniel Harris
Andrew Harrison
Deborah Helmstetter
Dale Higgs
Kenneth Hooper
wade jarman
Joseph Johnson
Mohammad Kamal
Jeremy Keen
Caelan Kelly
Shannon Kielbasa
stephen klarer
John Kocurek
Elizabeth Lawrence
Aaron Leiter
Amy L McCarthy
Bernard McKellar
Monica Mikes
Robert Neuhoff
gino Palencia
James Quillin
John Ruiz
Thomas Sanders
Bob Schuler
Brad Sims
Ryan Tedesky
Kimberly Thompson
Jonathan Tipps
Daniel Twardowski
Khanh Van
Wayne Douglas Williams
Payne Wingate
George Wischkowsky

@wandrson When creating a course you can select “HAAS Trained Legacy” from the Requires prerequisite drop down.

2 Likes

Oh man… That’s the time slot that I prefer; but, I’ll be out of town that day… :’(

I’ll keep my eyes open for future classes - perhaps will audit a full course class as if I’d never had training…

Thanks for getting the classes together!! :smiley:

Thanks Alex. I found that in the drop down list and used it when I created these two class events.

4 Likes

BTW, @AlexRhodes can we add a ‘HAAS CLASS 1", "HAAS Class 2’ “Made the domino” or some such criteria to the drop down list, so that as folks take the classes, they can be added to those groups?

@Photomancer @rjohnsoniv Do you have any preferences for what we call the above three stages?

1 Like

I have created the Haas1 and Haas2 but would like a better name than “Made the domino” its up to y’all but something like Haas_Operators or something along those lines.

1 Like

I am open to suggestions. People who have made their domino are able to create their own parts and run them on the HAAS, but they still require supervision of a HAAS authorized user. I am thinking this category will be a requirement for the advanced class that Robert has been working on.

So how about HAAS operator for the domino users, and HAAS Supervisor for those with independent access?

1 Like

Done, I have created Haas Supervisors and Haas Operators.

1 Like

@AlexRhodes @StanSimmons
Is there anyway we can confirm we are on the list of names? I’d like to make sure I’m on the list.

You are on the list…