Recommend DMS on Nextdoor.com

Just a quick request for anyone who is on the local community website “Nextdoor.com”.
Will you please ‘recommend’ DMS by clicking on the link below? Thanks in advance!

I just did this for my neighborhood. I love both DMS and Nextdoor.com.

1 Like

I just did for my neighborhood as well.

Done, funny thing is I didn’t recognize the website. Once I clicked, I realized I am a member.

1 Like

All in all, I don’t find it terribly useful as a website. Tends to be filled with people who would rather we have HOA’s take over the world (in my limited experience). That said, there are a lot of very active people in a nicely limited geographical area, so it’s worth it for us to participate as an organization.

1 Like

I use my neighborhood’s instance for relevant local stuff, but otherwise generally agree with your assessment. So many yuppies complaining about wildlife (the neighborhood bobcats don’t care about your dogs), complaining about parked cars, loitering kids, offenses to yuppie sensibilities, and asking questions that search engines are better-equipped to handle.

3 Likes

Done, thank you for posting. I mostly lurk on Nextdoor - I don’t want to accidentally offend someone who can easily find out where I live and most likely walk to my house to cause problems. There is a lot of drama on there but also some useful information.

You probably don’t have to worry about someone actually coming to your door - today’s crop of folks don’t do that-that takes effort and exercise.

3 Likes

It is excellent for finding lost pets