Recently Unemployed Looking to Network

Hello one and all,

As the title suggests, I was recently laid off from work and now I find myself in need of a job. Unfortunately, despite my rosy outlook, I’ve found that most (if not all) job postings require a college degree in graphic design or other digital medium. However, seeing as I’ve only been dabbling Adobe Photoshop and Blender as a hobby, I am woefully lacking in any kind of diploma. Other than the one I graduated with from High School.

Anyways, long story short, (or shorter than it would be if I keep rambling) I’m looking to network with other artists out there. Not to mention, learn from any kind soul who’s willing to teach someone like me.

I’d say I’m an intermediate user of Adobe Photoshop, and a beginner to intermediate user of Blender.

My adobe experience is with photo composition, editing, retouching, and restoration. Where as my Blender experience is more like watching a child play with a bunch of play-dough. :pensive:

Thank you for your time, assuming you read this, and my future thanks to any who deign to respond with tips, links, schedules, and/or contact information.

You can get a job in a print shop that also does design work with just a good portfolio. That would require Illustrator knowledge as well though. Good luck in your search.

Try Craigslist as the smaller shops typically look there.