Recent Changes to the Laser Area

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed a lot of changes to the laser area. It seems like every time I go use the laser recently, things are changed. Some of the things I’ve noticed are: Better ventilation system, additional PCs for members to prep for cuts without needing to tie up the laser workstations, fan switch moved for easier accessibility, more room to work, new work surface on the design table, area being kept exceptionally clean, painting of the walls, and of course, the most exciting, 2 new lasers that are about to hit the floor.

More improvements have been made that I didn’t mention, but that area has seen more change in the past few weeks than I have seen in almost 3 years of being a member.

I want to publicly thank @merissa and her team for all the hard work and dedication. Great job and thank you so much!

10 Likes

Thank you, @Coul! We’ve still got a long way to go, so I really appreciate members bearing with us through the process. Ducting is a big work in progress, and I want to say a big thank you to @Brandon_Green for putting in many hours already trying to restructure our exhaust system. It’s been tricky to try to modify our existing facilities (two holes out the roof) for our planned four laser set up. There will be work on it again late tonight to hopefully remove some of the current concerns and make sure our two current lasers stay up and available for use.

An update on the new lasers… they cleared the customs inspection late in the day on Friday, so I hope to hear from our shipping agent that they’ll be on the road to us as soon as possible. The holiday next week makes things tricky… Brandon and I will be out of town Wednesday - Sunday, so I may be asking for volunteers to uncrate them and move them into place. The goal is to have all the ducting, electrical, etc, in place so they can just be hooked up and ready to go, but we’ve hit a couple snags here and there.

I’m hoping it’ll only be another week or so before things look more complete and it’s all worth the wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes