Really? This is ridiculous

I am not sure who left this slick, massive mess. But I cleaned it up for you. There is no need to leave an absolutely unnecessary mess. Especially the kind that could easily harm someone.

3 Likes

And 30 minutes later, cleaned!

10 Likes

Thank you Patrick. On another note, I don’t understand how this wouldn’t lead to watching video and actions against the perp. I have a standing offer to watch video if enlisted.

9 Likes

I don’t know what substance it was. It definitely wasn’t water. Is was slick. I’m glad I caught it before someone possibly got injured due to negligence.

1 Like

Do you know who has the authority to watch video and take action?

1 Like

I do not at this moment.

@worldcloud maybe? Isn’t he current top dog for Automotive?

thank you Patrick.

(that would have been a good use for the acid, no? <- Yo! Just kidding!)

5 Likes

if it looked clear, it might have been anti-freeze.

There was saw dust on the floor when I left last night. So I’d assume there was an attempt to gather what was spilt.

Bays were full to the door.

We spilled coolant last night while working on a car, however it was mopped up when we finished, and we didn’t use any oil dry/sawdust/etc. What remained on the floor as we left was mop water that hadn’t finished drying.

Options here are we suck at mopping, or this as a separate incident. Either way, many thanks to @patrickpleez1 for looking out for everyone and cleaning up whatever remained.

4 Likes

Patrick…

You are awesome!!! Unlike the guys who left the mess. I will attempt to identify the members from the video. It is very, very clearly stated in the Automotive 101 class that you are required to clean up your own mess.

We typically keep kitty litter, Simple Green, and a mop to support those efforts.

The plan in the new space is to utilize more RFID (lift, tool crib) so that it is easier to know who people are. Sometimes we see an incident of video and it takes a while to figure out who the members is.

If anyone has any insight who the culprit was in this case, please let me know…

2 Likes

It wasn’t. I touched it, it was viscous.

It’s probably coolant. I think people assume it’ll evaporate and leave nothing behind which isn’t the case.

It was bad. There was no way it was drying up. If it was coolant, it was also everywhere as the pictures showed. Makes sense if it was mopped. There was litter on the shelf, it should have been used.

It was coolant. They mopped it more than once. Before them it was transmission fluid I think. That was the sawdust. Everyone seemed to be making the effort to clean up.

Might be good to invest in a push broom style squeegee for such circumstances.

We have a squeegee, and that in conjunction with the litter was used to clean it properly. I believe it was transmission fluid. That’s judging by the viscosity of the liquid that was there.