RDWorks software issue and payment issue

I used version .21 of RDWorks to create some designs but I can’t open them with the computers at DMS which use version 18 of RDWorks. Would it be possible to load the files using a thumb drive directly into the laser? Or could I hook my laptop up using a USB cable? I tried exporting them to an ai file and them importing them into RDWorks v18 at DMS but the files are scrambled with outlined area turned black and then it tries to scan the entire design instead of just outlining it.

Also, I swiped my card (ending in 6505)on Friday around noon to pay for Laser time and it said payment pending due to internet connectivity problem. I am assuming it will eventually go through. Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Jeff Moore

@Team_Laser

Maybe someone from @Team_Infrastructure can chime in about the square payment being pending.

My understanding is that the version of RDworks that is compatible with our machines needs to be downloaded from thunderlaser.com, as Thunder has applied some machine-specific changes to the software. I believe this is the only known working version for our machines. Trying to use another version may result in odd behavior. Anyone with further knowledge please chime in if they know otherwise.

Please use the DMS computers paired with each laser for prepping jobs with RDworks, not your own computer or a USB drive. For now, that is the method we teach in the training classes and ask that everyone use so that the machines are in good working order for the next person using it. Also, If you continue having RDworks problems, Laser Office hours are on the schedule for Monday evening from 7-9pm.

2 Likes

This is valuable information. Could you please consider putting it into the wiki?

3 Likes

Thanks for the information unfortunately thunder laser doesn’t offer the old software anymore for download only the newest version and I guess there’s some incompatibility. I was just hoping there might be some sort of workaround

RDWorks 8.x can be retrieved from the “committee drive”…

1 Like