RC101 - A class on How Brushless Motors Work - Sunday, June 21

I have been approved to teach a class on “How Brushless Motors Work”. The class will be held on Sunday, June 21, from 5 pm to 7 pm.

2 Likes

While I wait for this class to show up on the DMS event calendar, I have created a Facebook Event for this class. If you have a Facebook account, please click on the link below and select “Join” on the event.

Please don’t forget about this class on How Brushless Motors work. It is happening on Father’s Day.

FB post says 7p - 8p in lecture hall. Please verify what time. Have questions on what the controller interface looks like. The Space Kart will not have a RC receiver - will need to emulate w/micro (arduino?). PWM? freq? min/max pwm? etc. Have no details…yet.

Thanks

Don’t know about the class. It didn’t make it on the calendar. But generally you’ll drive the motor with a brushless ESC which will be expecting a standard rc servo signal. So connect the esc signal pin to a pwm output on your microcontroller and treat it like any hobby servo. You can find higher end ESCs that offer alternate input methods and give you control over response curves, dead zones and brake vs coast…

I want to say thanks to Art Givens, Rhett Wilhoit, Joe Tomicki, Randy Novak, Russell Ward and Jason Reedy for attending this class on Sunday. I hope that everybody was able to get all of their questions answered.

@artg_dms , @Gimli , @joetomicki , @Rhett