RBNO. I don't have a robot

Good day all,
I don’t have a robot and I don’t think I would be of any help on anyone else’s project. Can I still show up? I don’t want to be a nuisance if you all are trying to focus or concentrate on your work.

I’m currently in community college working to transfer to university for electrical engineering. I’ve taken a lot of classes in basic electronics and programming (working with AC or DC, basic components, math and taking measurements, C++, Java, Arduino), however I’ve never built anything. All of these classes have given me the concepts, however I’m not really sure how to apply it. I don’t know where to start and I’d like to just show up and see you guys’ work. Is it cool if I just show up and flop around?

4 Likes

You are extremely welcome and invited to show up any Tuesday evening for our weekly robot builders night out. Bring a new empty notebook/moleskin, and your preferred note taking instrument.

Also, feel free to join our mailing list, instructions at www.dprg.org

6 Likes

You’re already 10x better than me at it and they tolerate my presence as I fumble around trying to build things :joy:

Welcome to DMS!

4 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be there. I joined DMS just a few months ago and I’ve been eyeing the RBNO but didn’t want to get in the way of BattleBot pit crew trying to work :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:joy: Thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

Odd. Your profile shows you joining “Oct 20, '14”. Had you surreptitiously been placed in suspended animation?

There is a bug in the software. All of us have that date on our profile.

2 Likes

Huh. That’s strange and annoying.

Oof! I was gunna have to go back and thank my past self for that. Lol
I moved to Dallas last July and joined DMS in March or April. There was a Makerspace in LA that I was thinking of joining but I never did. Glad I joined here though. Now that all of the tools and resources are available I can hopefully put something together with all of these knowledge bits.
Looking forward to meeting you guys! :smile:

3 Likes