Raspberry Pi for project?

Is Electronics the right category for this?

I have a work project and will need to tinker with a Raspberry PI 3. Does DMS have any available for me to work on? I’ll be purchasing a few components to tack onto the RPI3 and will donate them once the project is done.

Electronics is the right group. I’m not sure if they have an RPi3 for use though.

Take a look in Tanner Electronics across the road (corner of Valwood), they may have some for sale. If not the Microcenter sell RPi3 for $30. They are a good investment, i use mine for linux work, and occasionally as a Retro gaming console.

1 Like

Is Electronics the right category for this?

Not sure if electronics has any in inventory.

But I do know that VCC has a cluster of them setup for compute and a few in their IoT labs which could be checked out to members for use while at the space but not for off premise use.

By the way electronics is a good place but Vintage Computers (ie VCC) is the committee for Computing, Devops/IT, Programming in general.

Tanner Electronics always have the Pi 3s in stock but never the Pi zeros. Good place to get them and I tend to do a monthly run to stock up for various projects.

I don’t think Electronics has any.
If we do, they’re probably older models.

2 Likes