Random - Rocket Factory Tour

Hour long video tour of a rocket factory…
Lot’s of machining and working with large pieces of aluminum…

3 Likes

Watched this too, great tour. Striking comparisons between this and SpaceX. I haven’t seen any tours of the inside of the SpaceX Hawthorne Falcon 9 factory in such extreme detail, but it was interesting to watch this video and note the extremely advanced and controlled welding of the stainless steel tanks and bulkheads featured in this video, and then compare them to all of the crazy outdoor in a tent pictures that we’ve all seen of Elon’s Starship idea. And then, lo and behold, a day later a Starship test article violently fails a pressure test.

The ULA CEO also appears to be incredibly charismatic and seems to know every step of the process which is great.

2 Likes

What an amazing video!
Thank you for sharing.
(and if you, like me, think “Aw man! An hour? I don’t have that kind of time!”…do it. DO IT NOW! I rarely take Youtube out of 2x, even for “Smarter Every Day” (recommended channel) but I actually watched every second of this video in 1x and rewound bits of it to watch again.
Just amazing.
Thank you again.
(PS “the other channel” video with more of the interview is worth it, too!)

1 Like

I’ve been sort of ignoring this in my feed for a while. Very poor decision on my part. Very much worth the time to watch.

1 Like

So advanced that it only costs 3x as much as the Falcon 9 per launch.

Same payload to the same orbit? Or are we comparing low earth orbit to geosynchronous?

1 Like