RAGE POST - Why Aren't People Buying Tickets to the Picnic? Ya'll 'bout to

I didn’t take it that way, I wasn’t offended at all but thank you.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought about the initial post, and why I commented. It just sounds super rude and like they are guilting people into it.

You catch more flies(ticket sales/volunteers) with honey than you do with vinegar.

As for the rest:
I said zero about the picnic or the organization of it, maybe you should think before posting(your words, not mine/who says that?). I’m certain it took a lot of effort to put together and I would have purchased two tickets but not if I’m asked in that manner.

It’s disingenuous to throw volunteering in someone’s face, it’s not in the spirit of volunteering. We all volunteer around the Makerspace If someone doesn’t I don’t hold it against them because their 50 bucks a month matters too and I’m happy to have them there in the first place. Volunteering isn’t a contest.

This is what you sounds like where you bring up volunteering that way:

https://www.theonion.com/monk-gloats-over-yoga-championship-1819563855

Please stop.

I assume that you think @Photomancer post is also rude then?

I don’t say this often, but:

Ya’ll need to settle down, now.

@useraddmario I don’t think you’ve been led to the light, so I’ll try again: Nicole does NOT actually “talk like that”. She was attempting to elicit a response (please buy tickets) through negative attention by using “shock value”.
Buy a ticket. Come to the party. Meet Nicole. Have a conversation. She’s quite fluent in Standard American English, in addition to non-standard American Youth Vernacular, though sometimes the latter filters through excessively on TALK, usually because she’s trying to draw attention to her cause (probably intending to use spades of humor, which not everyone perceives the same).
As for the rest of you, settle down.
Mario’s allowed to have an opinion. Nicole has a thick skin (or, at least, displays a facade whereby slings and arrows have no apparent effect). There’s no reason to elaborate any further or drag this down any dark allies.
Now, settle down. Grab some BBQ. Have a good time together. No reason for all this.

PS: go buy some tickets for the picnic.

9 Likes

What all are folks bringing for sides?

@Jast You seem reasonable, I would eat BBQ with you. And you’re right, we should settle down before the gloves really come off. I’m not going myself, and I don’t know what these tickets cost, but if you are under 18, don’t have $ and want to go PM me.

The fact that you used an academic source made me laugh unusually loud. :slight_smile: Thanks for that.

2 Likes

This is one of the reasons we have a flagging system. I agree that the comment wasn’t appropriate. Like Jast said, come to the picnic, meet Nicole and see for yourself her fun quirky sense of humor. She might even let you bid on a pie to throw at her. :wink:

5 Likes

Coming late and bringing chocolate chip cookies

1 Like

1 Like

She told me something about cotton candy sales and future reimbursement. Totally unrelated, will the picnic have cotton candy? :wink:

@rbox80. IF the picnic has cotton candy, will you buy a ticket??

I can’t tell if you guys are being serious or teasing @rbox80 about the ticket thing. Wasn’t he the hookup for the meat vendor? Hell, I’m considering buying a 2-pack of tickets in his name, whether you’uns are joking or not…

2 Likes

Yup, I’m the meat hook-up. Thanks for the generous offer, I will take those 2 tickets. Hopefully the rain stays away til after 5 on Saturday :slight_smile:

1 Like

2-pack purchased for you.
No idea how to get them to you so the bouncer lets you in…

3 Likes

I’ll bounce him in. Thanks Jast

2 Likes

I will say that this post can come off as rude but this was mainly in just. Ugly knees is a great person when you get to know her and please do get to know her…

1 Like

@uglyknees is not a delicate snowflake, more like a softball sized hail stone. Many people here don’t want her to change.

Russell Ward

6 Likes

Nor would I want her to change. I love her the way she is

3 Likes

Some people just don’t get it. And it’s a sad, sad thing…

Hey his new and probably as not met her yet. It’s not really his fault.