Radio Controlled Car Racing - Available by RSVP only - Saturdays @6pm

It might be nice to have. if not, no big deal.

We had a great day of RC racing in the parking lot at DMS today. Here’s a couple pics of the group that showed up.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10420356_721722897954589_1658541112244408351_n.jpg?oh=a58a366cde7f4390df9d30cbf053a149&oe=55F60B26

Click on the link below to see a PDF document with all the results from Saturday’s A-Main races.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-tBqp3L1OrYTEFrVzZLbTEwTzVtQnloNTk0eURnTzczbldj/view?usp=sharing

Here’s a great video I found on YouTube of couple F1 r/c cars racing in a parking lot. This was filmed from a drone.

1 Like

@David_Walker Cool video and thanks for keeping all this RC going. For everyone else, this was our 7th rc race event at DMS. We are growing in participation every week and I wanted to thank everyone that has helped and participated.

1 Like

I had a brief discussion with @lukeiamyourfather on Sunday about getting some racing footage from Luke’s drone. He said that he will have a drone ready in the next few weeks and could come to our Saturday race to get some footage.

@David_Walker what my 2 second clip of the AR Drone crashing into the RC track wasn’t enough. You just don’t know ART!

Check out this slo-mo video of the F1 Cars racing at DMS last Saturday. Thanks to @Nick_McCarthy for capturing this video with his iPhone.

3 Likes

I have a drone and would be interested in getting some video of the race. Would anyone mind if I bring it this Saturday?

2 Likes

Yes, please bring your drone. It will be great to see some aerial video.

Awesome Harold,
Hope to see you out there. And thanks for bringing your dad to the space as well. I enjoyed giving ya’ll a tour last night.

1 Like

Hey all you R/C Racers, tomorrow we have one of the racers bringing his high pressure sprayer at 1 PM so we can really clean up the parking lot before we set up the track. Hopefully with a super clean track we will have much higher traction and racing will be much better overall.

1 Like

Here’s some video of Saturday’s races captured by Jason Reedy’s smart phone…

https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t42.1790-2/11678825_10204533945169459_993407325_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjM0MCwicmxhIjo3Mzd9&rl=340&vabr=189&oh=d2268be0b5f1f5f1fbae388548d25551&oe=5590A1F2

1 Like

I want to see the drone footage. @Nick_McCarthy and @hasbridge if you can post a few download links, I’ll try and edit it into something fun.

1 Like

I wound up only getting one short video, my camera battery died after the second race. And my video of the second race didn’t get saved to the SD card, since the camera fell off inflight and ejected the battery :smiley: I plan on trying again the weekend after next, and I’ll be better prepared next time. Here is the only video I did manage to get:

3 Likes

Yeah, at least you caught the track marshal being trolled. :smile:

1 Like

I got a good mix of drone and iphone videos this weekend, I’ll have posted later this week!

2 Likes

Hey Everybody,

Since this next Saturday is Independence Day and many people are going out-of-town, we are taking July 4th as a day off from R/C Racing. I am still teaching a class on LiPo battery safety at 5:00 PM on Saturday.

Must find a better (faster, easier) way to setup the racetrack. Any suggestions?

What is the slowest part about the current setup? Setting up the gutter pieces? I have seen corrugated drain pipe used, maybe that would be faster to lay out?

We could probably get an old cable spool, or make one out of wood to quickly roll/unroll the long pieces of it.

1 Like