Radio Controlled Car Racing - Available by RSVP only - Saturdays @6pm

More great news! I just found out that another DMS member has invested in an infrared lap counter system (aka. I-Lap RC Timing System) that will automatically keep track of each car’s laps during a race. He will have the system ready to test in a few weeks and we can use it for managed races before the end of May!

For more info about the I-Lap RC Timing System go here --> http://www.rclapcounter.com/

1 Like

Thanks to all the guys who came out yesterday. It was a perfect day for parking lot racing. I know the weather forecast said otherwise, but as it turned out we did not see a drop of rain from 11:00 am through 11:00 pm. We had a great time racing a handful of Traxxas LCG Slashes and a pair of 1/8 Scale Electric GT cars. We had at least 4 visitors come by to see how the racing was going.

I want to give a special thanks to Matt and Allen Whitsby who grilled up some delicious hamburgers for all of us to snack on. Even Chris Leach (truck driver) stopped by and parked his 18-Wheeler in the parking lot to take part in the fun. Overall it was a good time and we hope to make next Saturday’s event even better.

2 Likes

How fun is this! It would be cool to make a video like this one at DMS.

2 Likes

More good news! Another local group of R/C hobbyists, DARC (stands for Drift America R/C), is planning to show up next Saturday and do some drifting on the parking lot racetrack.

2 Likes

Good news! The forecast for next Saturday, May 16, looks better than last Saturday’s forecast. We did not get a drop of rain last Saturday, so this one is going to be even better!

2 Likes

We are planning to test the I-Laps RC Timing System this next Saturday. We will have 12 I-Laps transponders for people to use in their cars during the races.

1 Like

This weekend will be fun! We will see some “sideways” driving from the guys at DARC this Saturday.

Here’s a pic of the track layout from last Saturday’s race.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of the racers gathered around the race director’s table for a Pre-Race Driver’s Meeting.

1 Like

This is the final race results from Saturday’s R/C races. All together we had 16 cars racing on Saturday.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-tBqp3L1OrYY0tiSkY2WU9nb2ZXa083WU00WW9xV0stbVBN/view

Here’s my plan for a track layout on Saturday, May 23. Last Saturday we learned a ton about what to do to make the racing much more efficient.

Well if you didn’t already hear the news, last Saturday’s race was rained out. There were a few of us (me and Nick Sainz) who were just goofing off with our waterproof Traxxas Slash trucks just splashing around in the puddles.

Hopefully next Saturday’s weather will be better for parking lot racing.

Meanwhile, check out this post from “themitch22” regarding making a R/C car body from a 3D scan…

1 Like

I just read the bulletin from North Texas SKYWARN® and it says we will see a repeat of last night’s thunderstorms again tonight. All storms will pass over DFW by 6 AM tomorrow morning and the rain will stop and by 1 PM tomorrow the parking lot should be dry enough to put a layout down. This is good news for tomorrow evening’s parking lot races. I plan to use last week’s layout plan for tomorrow’s race. (See pic from 2 posts earlier)

Why is there Chalk/Paint all over the neighbors parking lot?

Will it be cleaned up before tomorrow?

Weather is looking great for tomorrow. A little warm, high at 93° F, but no chance of rain. There will be lots of new faces showing up to race, so I want everybody to show up at 5:00 pm to get set-up and ready for their races 1-hour ahead of our start time. Please don’t forget to bring a table and chair tomorrow so you can set up your personal pit space.

1 Like

We had a great turn-out this last Saturday with 10 people racing. The list below shows the results from the main races.

FYI, we are taking a day off from racing next Saturday, June 13.

Tomorrow’s weather is looking really good for outdoor RC racing. With this weekend being Father’s Day, I am expecting a dozen or more racers to show up and put some laps down.

Reach out to all makers, Do any of you have a swamp cooler we could use? @David_Walker, do you have a Gatorade style cooler? We could fill it with ice water as it will be warm tomorrow.

@Nick no I don’t have any kind of cooler. I can send Randy a text to see if he has one.