Raced y'all lasts weekend!

I went down to MSR Houston for lemons last weekend and who did I see? The DMS trailer and the car with sweet paint on it. Had fun racing y’all! I was in the #111 MR2.

17 Likes

Jay was straight across from us too.

1.58.226! Good lap! What happened at the end there with your laptimes? Did you break something? Running out of fuel (looks like it was a pretty long stint)? Looks like it cost you a position right there at the end.

1 Like

We had a nice mixture of putting the least fuel efficient drive (me) in the car, and with about 30 minutes left we had a vacuum line pop off and anything over half throttle made the motor very unhappy. We dropped from 11th to 12th right after the line popped off, but fortunately we were far enough ahead of 13th that we could limp it to the checker. also fortunately it was healthy enough to rev at people while on the cool down lap and the paddock.

4 Likes

12th is solid, nice finish. My first 2 cars were a 86 mr-2 and 91 mr2 turbo.

1 Like

Congratulations!
To finish first, first you have to finish.

1 Like

Are there any more photos from the event?

Here is a few i took after test and tune friday night.

Just a few of the cars that made me chuckle…

6 Likes

That speaker must make the Festiva turn left better on full blast…

It may or may not have made it burn better around 4 am also. :frowning:

We were standing there cheering as everyone came off the track. Bummer about the line coming off.
We lost a position for sure when I came out of the car after my last stint to a guy (no clue who) saying “You have a penalty, do a lap (to the next driver) and come in for the penalty” after coming in, they informed us that we had served our one and only penalty an hour+ earlier and sent us back out. Was plenty extra time over the next spot.

Well that’s a bummer :frowning:

How many penalty laps did that 111 car have to overcome?

No more than that Comickazies and their miata who have now won the last 3 events at MSR Houston…

That sounds like a good thing. How many penalty laps did they give you guys at tech?

None at all.

I’m kind of upset that the Comickazies had won the last 2 events and didnt see any BS laps last weekend.

1 Like

Unbelievable! I guess Lemons doesn’t really care any more. As long as 117 teams are showing up…

Looks like its time for some real coilovers on the 240.

1 Like

As long as they’re not brightly colored, and the top hats dont look like racecar parts im sure yall could get away with it.

2 Likes