Quick Visit and Tour for my dad, please!

Hi all!

I’m looking for someone to volunteer a little time to take my dad and I on a tour of the facilities. 30 mins or so?

He is recently retired due to the bummer that is COVID and I mentioned DMS to him, showed him the site etc. and he was really excited. I think he would really thrive being a part of the DMS community, in this new chapter of his life.

Is anyone available tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday morning?

Please let me know, thank you!

1 Like

I’ll be there Tuesday early morning through mid afternoon. I’m not terribly knowledgeable about many areas but do know the woodshop fairly well land would be glad to give a general tour. Pm me and I’ll send you my number to set a time

3 Likes

Hi Paul! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.
I’m actually not sure how to PM on here haha. I’ve been trying to figure it out… are you able to PM me and then I can respond that way? let me know

Many thanks!

click the avatar of the person you want to message (red circle), and then click “message” (blue circle)

But you’ll probably need to raise your trust level to have the option.
Fastest way to get that done is probably to interact with discobot, which will walk you through many of Discourse’s primary functions. (Edit: you will have a PM from Discobot welcoming you to the forum in your messages inbox that can be used for this).
Also, more reading in the “Read First” pinned message.

3 Likes

Very helpful, thanks Jast!