Quick Poll - CA spending

We are getting a new classroom full of computers with the adobe suite on them along with many other programs in the expansion …

1 Like

AFAIK, we are getting a new classroom suitable for computers. I am not aware of anyone donating either the computers or the adobe suite software but I could be misinformed.

1 Like

Thank you for the correction. I am not certain what has been arranged either. Someone was going to talk with Dell.

@StanSimmons do you remember who was talking with Dell or am I remembering wrong?

A donation of that magnitude is news to me. We are looking at buying some returned from lease computers for the classroom, but I haven’t seen a quote for any quantity or any specific configuration.

My “other” may be something already available and I’m just too new to DMS to know about it. But, I’d love to larger/flexible space availability. If the “Creative Arts” room that I’ve seen in the space is the limit of the creative art space, that kinda cramps the “growth” opportunities in and of itself.

1 Like

Re creative arts room size

The room is indeed packed to the rafters at the moment, BUT we are getting new gloriously roomier digs after The Great Expansion.

Creative Arts will then be ensconced in what is now the Common Room, as well as Digital Media (becoming dedicated sewing room), and Conference Room (will be home for electronics like CA computers, vinyl cutter, printer, etc).

If you look at one of the expansion maps, you’ll be able to see what everyone’s (all committees) new spaces will look like.

And if you go into the CA room, on the wall above the sewing machines, there’s a large grid map with furniture etc that reflects plans for the Common Room portion.

2 Likes

The new CA area will be fabulous. Nicole is doing an amazing job of preparing us for this next chapter. I’ve been involved with three other creative organizations and herding creative cats is a taxing job. There is lots of complaining and few props. Thank you Nicole for taking on this challenge and you are doing an excellent job.

4 Likes

Meow. MEEEEOOOWWW!!! meow.