• Leather Sewing Machine
  • New Quieter Vinyl Cutter
  • New Adobe Digital Workstations
  • Dye Sublimation Upgrades
  • New Embroidery Machine
  • Industrial Sewing Machine
  • Other (list below)

0 voters

I would like to see money invested in growing (Pick two)

• Leather
  • Fiber Arts
  • General Art (Painting, Drawingā€¦)
  • General Craft (Paper Artsā€¦)
  • Sewing
  • Embroidery
  • Digital (outside of the printer)
  • Vinyl
  • Dye Sub
  • Cosplay
  • Other (list below)

0 voters

1 Like

My ā€œotherā€ is quilting.

6 Likes

What are you referring to when you say ā€˜Digitalā€™ and how much bleed over does CA/Digital Media have?

Woman of a thousand hobbies struggled to just choose twoā€¦ my ā€œotherā€ is also quilting.

5 Likes

I see digital media as venturing into the audio and visual recording arena - I was talking more about the adobe suite and basically everything we have that is connected to the computers here in CA.

Look at that. Leather getting some love and I didnā€™t even vote for it!

2 Likes

Gotcha, wasnā€™t sure how exact DMS defined each area since there is a lot of grey area when it comes to ā€˜artā€™

1 Like

Personally Iā€™d love to see a few Adobe computers with decent hardware, maybe a pressure sensitive tablet to sketch etc. Having just the one ā€œokā€ machine isnā€™t enough

5 Likes

I voted vinyl on the second option, but When I say vinyl, Iā€™m talking a printer with contour cutting, like https://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/versastudio-bn-20-t-shirt-printing-press

This would allow for some poster printing and would give us the ability to make great labels and stickers for around the space and other projects. Low quantity stickers especially contour cut are surprisingly expensive and this little guys could really fill a hole.

2 Likes

That looks like a very cool small printer ā€¦

5 Color ā€“ CMYK+Mt (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black and Metallic Silver) or CMYK+Wh (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, and White)

I just want the vinyl cutter interface to work betterā€¦

3 Likes

My other would be a nice sticker machine. To be able to do graphics from photoshop that are not vectorized for the vinyl cutter. I would be willing to train in that sort of thing to be able to teach classes.

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m confused about what a ā€œprinterā€ is, in relation to CA. What does this printer do that my HP inkjet doesnā€™t? How amazing is said printer? Iā€™ve seen vinyl printers, which I would 100% get behind because 3+ color HTV would rock.
Also, my ā€œotherā€ vote was for quilting.

This is a reference to the fact that we used to have wide format photo printer(s) - one was 24" wide and the other was 65" (OK, maybe 63" - I donā€™t remember exactly). These are for professional quality prints, posters, and were also used for printing on canvas.

I had problems with this, being divided between personal wants and what would
help the space the most

Quilting and machine embroidery are things I feel that would be attractive to new member

A wide format printer would be good

In some areas, we need more teachers and classes,

Since I am very active in JSM I will use an example for us We needed and got the ability to fo casting however

most of it sits unused much of the time because of a lack of teachers
If we want to see more quilting and I do, we need to wrlk of getting more folks that feel like they
can teach and or we need to recruit teachers from outside for special techniques

I voted for vinyl cutter- but I am conflicted as I throughly enjoy the sounds it makes. :wink:

2 Likes

I did my voting but I selected sewing and expected that included quilting, but now Iā€™m seeing some people felt that was different enough to choose otherā€¦ so I thought I should mention it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m five months out from an operation they said will take me a year to fully recover from. I am working on some classes to share all the art quilting techniques I learned from professionals in CA. Spring is comingā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your operation. But I would love to learn some art quilting techniques.

I second Adobe cc suite and to have pressure sensitive pens back would be nice! I think we need more digital design space in general for print, vinyl, dye sub, laser and 3D print. I donā€™t know if photography/digital media in blending into creative arts but white backdrop with naturally lighted area (like purple room) for photo ops would also be really awesome. :blush: