Quick automotive lift assistance?

i have one very stuck oxygen sensor and i need the automotive lift for less than 30 minutes so i can lean in with a breaker bar. anyone wanna be my champion?

Were you able to sort your O2 sensor issue out?

Hansa

I appreciate the reply. Nope still waiting on a chance to do a lift.

I work all weekend and Sunday monday tues are my best times to take classes and get projects done.

@Team_Automotive if we could eventually get some weekday classes on calendar for us service industry working folks? Thanks to the volunteers!

1 Like

@brenly we had a class tonight.

I need more people throwing them up. I’m working nights and odd hours all month on top of travel so I hadn’t posted too many. I’ve had a few odd-session groups over the last couple weeks as well, Fridays and Saturdays usually.

I’ll see if I can post one next week but it will be tight.

2 Likes

I saw the class. It was during my work week. I appreciate you considering and responding. Maybe I’ll swing by when there are more humans present this week and see if anyone wants to give me a lift.

You might try reminding those that are cleared to teach that they could do so. I know sometimes I’ll go weeks without thinking about the makerspace.

Not to put a damper on your fun, but it is against automotive rules for someone else to put your car on the lift if you aren’t yourself lift certified.

I’m not sure how I feel about this rule but I get the reasoning behind it and in any case, my opinion doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Seems draconian. I’ve definitely seen people lift each others cars but they would stick around the duration of the project so it’s more of a joint effort. If anyone doubts this, just do the math on how many cars have been fixed vs how many people are cleared on the lift. It doesnt add up.

In this case it’s a project that already done a dry run on, just cant get a breaker bar underneath.

I suppose I could take my chances with a jack + struts and pray the vehicle doesn’t roll :wink:

If you have, you need to bring it to our attention as it is a hard rule.

Could also just try and make one of the classes. I’ve had like 3 or 4 groups over the last two weeks. Some classes on the calendar, others where people just manage to snag some time with me. If mondays work for you I’m available tomorrow.

Believe me, I know. One of the former instructors is banned; one moved up north; one basically doesn’t show up anymore; and the others haven’t been reliably teaching. There isn’t that large of a teaching pool.

There are like 350-400 people cleared on the lift in AD alone, let alone those that are still being sorted out since the changeover. The math adds up just fine.
EDIT: 410 users, I just counted.

Nothing “draconian” about it. We don’t allow commercial in automotive; we don’t allow working on cars that aren’t yours unless you are helping someone; we don’t allow using the lift on a car that isn’t in your control.
These rules have been around since before I was a member, and they are likely going to stay.