QUESTION: Contact with Instructors?

Maybe this is obvious to some, but not to me.
How do I contact the instructor of an upcoming class to inquire about details of their class?
Is it too much of an invasion of privacy to post your email address?
Inquiring minds want to know “stuff” so they don’t waste their time attending classes that don’t cover what they wanted.
(And take up usually limited class space that someone else who wanted to, could have occupied.)

Oldpro

Sharing of email addresses are something many of our members are uncomfortable with. The name of the instructor is always included with the class description and with a little work, you can usually find their talk handle, which allows you to send them Instant messages… If you don’t know their talk just ask around at the space.

2 Likes

Is there not a comprehensive list of instructors with their talk handles somewhere?

For someone like me who is new to the space, I don’t know anyone, and am dependent on looking up information via our web presence.

There is not a list per se. Many instructors include their TALK handle and/or other ways to contact them within the description of the class. Otherwise, you can use the search function to search for their name. If that doesn’t pull them up, post a thread with your question(s), including the name of the instructor, and we can usually help you get in touch with them by tagging them for you. :slight_smile:

If you type @ and the instructors name in a PM if they are in Talk, it should probably pop up.

Try typing David Kessinger … first you’ll see a lot of david’s then when you type my last name @ photomancer will appear.

1 Like

This is a tangent, but would it be OK if the system is changed so that an instructor’s e-mail address is revealed to the honorarium auditors to make it easier to ask questions?

2 Likes