Question about logistics

do latex gloves and other things qualify as logistics? People often come to the lab to take some gloves for non-science reasons as well (which is fine).

Yes and no. Logistics buys some, automotive often buys them, I know when I was Machine Shop chair I bought some I bought some … ours tended to be the nitrile gloves.

They are one of those things that when you get them you know you are buying for the “Space” and not just your committee since they get used by everyone.

Gloves aren’t currently on Logistics official stocking list. I wouldn’t think to stock them because normally gloves are purpose used, right? For example I prefer nitrile gloves to latex when working with vehicles.

Do you think we should stock them for the workshop?

Both Logistics and Automotive used to buy nitrile gloves. HF was the usual source for Logistics, however their low price was more than offset by their crappiness. Automotive’s ULINE gloves seemed better quality, however I don’t know what the cost was relative to HF. Suspect there are better deals to be had out there from other suppliers.

1 Like

That’s a slippery slope (IMO). One size does not fit all.

2 Likes