Question about DMS station license

At one point in the past, I remember that we had discussed, applied for, acquired, or alternately completely dismissed the idea of having a club license. I do not remember how that went.

I seem to recall offering to be a sponsoring member for the license, though I don’t remember if my name/call ended up on that paperwork.

Due to time and cost considerations, I am no longer a member of DMS. I’m not sure what implication that has if I am still on this hypothetical paperwork. I just renewed my Extra, so I’m good for another 10 years if it’s actively being used. It’s not a critical issue for me if it is, but it’s a loose end I wanted to tie up.

I guess what I’m asking is, does anyone have any useful information about this topic?

1 Like

If I am recalling correctly. We have a station license and it is being held by a member. I think @StanSimmons knows more.

1 Like

@artg_dms, @richmeyer, @zmetzing

Can any of you answer this?

1 Like

I’m not a HAM, so I don’t know any details. I think Pat H. was custodian of our club license. I don’t know the current status of that license.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is no license for DMS now. I don’t know all of the details but the license going away led to the closing of the Amateur Radio committee. Which opened up the “closet” in the back that now houses Hatcher’s Workshop.

Russell Ward

This was before my time, I do not know the details.
Richard Meyer AG5OB

Can confirm cancelled due to no ownership

1 Like

I must be remembering a discussion about an ownership transfer that never happened, since I wasn’t a member in 2012. There was something about needing five sponsors, but clearly that went nowhere.

Thanks guys for the clarification!

1 Like

Shhhhhh… you might lose access…

3 Likes

Good god man, how would I survive without the constant political intrigue?

2 Likes

And that pretty much answers the question.
Thanks guys.

2 Likes