Putting a face on a Magnet

Hey all,
I’m looking for someone that take a face from a photo and place on a refrigerator magnet? Need price and time frame…

My cell is 303-999-5645

we might have 2.25" buttons with magnets at the Space. I’ll check in a little bit.

They turn out like this:

This is more of what she is looking for

How strong does it need to be? You can get a sample pack of 10 magnets from Sticker Mule for $9 shipped.

3 Likes

I have a whole roll

I’d bet the ones you showed were printed on a solvent printer/cutter, but there are a couple of different ways to approach it with DMS equipment. If the material you have is sublimatable then I’d go that route and contour cut it with a magnetic blade. Otherwise you could do a sticker and still contour cut but it won’t look as nice. I haven’t used the magnetic sheet blade myself, but I know US Cutter carries them.

http://shop.uscutter.com/products/Magnetic-Vinyl-Cutter

1 Like

Can you make them and if so how much ?what wild be the time frame for completion ?

I know @Nick has one of these print/cut printers. What I have seen as samples are amazing. Have no idea on cost/timeframe. Shoot him a DM.

Silhouette and Cricut both have printable magnet sheets and cutters that will print-n-cut.

1 Like

Here is a button maker on Amazon for 86 bucks

I haven’t done Magnets yet, nor do I have the material needed on hand. My understanding is you want magnet material with a printable substrate. You then print and score that substrate with a cutter. Then you can break the magnets out.

@got_tools, since you alredy have adhesive backed magnet, I would suggest printing to paper, stick to the magnet and hand cut with an exacto. Odds are you can score and bend to break the edges. This shouldn’t be hard to do say 10 or 20 that way, just make sure to print your cut line on the paper to you don’t have to guess.

If you want hands on help, you can PM me and I’ll send you my info and rates. We can set a time to come by my shop and try to get you something that will work.

2 Likes

I’ve done the score and break approach using the flexible magnet material for business cards. Works fine if you use a sharp blade.

I’d suggest making your cut-line in a light grey: dark enough to be visible, light enough not to distract if a small amount is left behind in the hand-cutting. Use a bright light when cutting.

4 Likes