Pulse code exceeded error on Dynatorch

I used compressed air to blast the consumables, and then tried different consumables. That exhausted my troubleshooting ideas. Anybody got an idea?

I wonder if we should disassemble that head and check the lead wiring.

Given that the crash detection is currently offline I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s popped a couple times and the wire has been snagged. The first week we had it we observed it can get caught between the magnetic plates and other wonky things

I used the plasma on Friday evening and the job failed on me. Do you have any updates on the troubleshooting process?

Someone has set the settings way out of whack. The common consumables we’re melted and the height sensing set to manual

Yes we have to sink another grounding rod for the buildings ground not the table. That is our next step. That will be their first question out on their mouth is how the grounding is.

@TBJK
Tim,
Is there a spec on how far apart the rods have to be? I assume the separate rods will separate out the noise from the plasma and digital ground?

@hon1nbo @TBJK

Do either of you know the current status of the dynatorch?

Anything I can do to help?

Also a random thought is when I used my syncrowave at the house in Plano…the HF would make the sprinkler solenoids chatter on and off. Wonder if we are having a HF on the ground issue? I solved the on in Plano by separating out the grounds…yes, I know, electrically ground should be ground…but it solved the issue.

Thanks,
Thomas

We need to drive a new building ground wire. I’d would have done it already but we need to locate the underground power first. We have the ground rod. The current building ground I feel is compromised due to the dielectric oil from the old transformer. The actual main 3 phase does not have a ground, the auxiliary power input does but I’m not sure where it terminates. Currently there is a higher potential difference in the ground to grounding rod.

1 Like

Current status is DOWN. 02/17/2019 7:30pm

@TBJK
Offer stands on help. Available any night this week except Thursday night.

@TBJK also available to help during the evenings.

We do need this fixed. We asked them to test the ground when they were changing out the transformer. I’m not certain what they said because I think they spoke with Stan.

@StanSimmons , did you happen to talk to the electricians?

1 Like

Alright ladies & gents. We believe we found the root cause. Myself & @procterc There is an Isolation relay for the OHMIC sensor. We did not have that in the system, so if we replace the 2 relays we should be in good shape.
If any one wants to pick these up tomorrow. It would be great. I’d say get 3, 1 as a spare. They are about 10 bucks a piece. Allied you can place on Will Call but it takes 2 hours to do so. Mouser you have to call to place it on will call, and you need to bring your (unexpired) drivers license for them to let you in.

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/grayhill/70-idc5/70217192/

Sounds like there’s a story there. :slight_smile:

Not personally. My drivers license I never let expire. I figured since they check it I’d mention it.

I’ll grab 3 tomorrow. Thanks for troubleshooting.

I do want to reiterate that I appreciate Charles help. He did as much as me if not more before we had our ahh ha moments.

2 Likes

Thanks to Tim and Charles for their work on this! I have picked up the new relays on Tommy’s behalf and have them at the space now.

1 Like

The machine appears to be fully functional with no known issues.

2 Likes

Man this is good news. Thanks again Tim and Charlie. Also thanks Grant, for driving to Ft. Worth to pick up the parts.