Public Service Announcement: Allenmobile is no more

White VW Convertible, aka The Allenmobile, was titled to me today, new plates, Toll Tag removed, etc. To commemorate event, we went to Costco for a feast commensurate with the transaction.

Any and all future complaints about this vehicle should no longer be attributed to Allen Wan. But then again, I actually drive it so it won’t be parked for long periods.

Need to get vinyl sticker made that reads:
Under New Management
It was FREE … I overpaid

Texas says value of the car is $400, so I got hit with $33.00 in sales tax on a “free” car.

This ends this PSA

13 Likes

The color will match your hair. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see you pull up with the top and rear end down because the back seat is full of metal you picked up for projects!

2 Likes

I have it on good authority that a full sheet of plywood will fit in a VW Cabriolet, with the 4’ across, behind the front seats, and ahead of the back seat. Top must be down…

3 Likes

I registered a free ($500) car and it was only $27. You got ripped off!

2 Likes

Ahh, the lovely “Standard Presumptive Value”, which lines the pockets of our state/county bureaucracies.

2 Likes

I still have keys to it. Remind me next time I see you to hand them over. Either that or you’re in for some epic pranks to come.

11 Likes

Yes, but I live in a county with running water and sewers, so the cost is higher.

3 Likes

Are keys even necessary to start the thing? I have assured @Photomancer that there is much roasting to come >:D

1 Like

Does this classify as Enurement?

Where are our internet lawyers?

:imp:

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that Allen received an enurement by being able to unload donate his vehicle to David?

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Exactly!!!

:blankspace:

2 Likes

Based on the smile on his face at the moment when the title transfer was actually complete and he removed the old plates and actually put my new plates on what is now my car, it may not be enurement … but it was damn sure enjoyment.

Makes me wonder.

The irony of having Smiley nip at me is almost unbearable.

Congrats on the new ride!!! Those can be a bit warm in the summer

1 Like

Now to sell for a tidy profit!

never mind

2 Likes

It’s priceless. How crude of you to suggest that.

1 Like