Public relations ideas for the space

So I was watching with my son on YouTube Demoranch. It kinda occurred to me, maybe we should contact some of these YouTube personalities about DMS. Maybe send them some things to help promote the space.

2 Likes

I thought about plasma cut signs.

I like Demo/Vet/Off the Ranch. Dr Matt is pretty cool and is in Texas.

Who else do people watch on YouTube that might be worth a sign from DMS?

2 Likes

Is that this guy?

What kind of plasma cut sign were you thinking? Is this to mail? Present some other way? Hope it gets youtube play/mention?
Just trying to be sure I understand what you’re going for…

He is the guy, while watching he was showing a bunch of stickers that people were sending. I think this would help us grow & get our name out more. Especially if we are able to get more exposure through them. It can be any personality that have the same interests as what we do. Tubalcain is probably another good one.

2 Likes

He has said “No more stickers.”

I was thinking about a 2-3 foot wide plasma cut sign.

#VetRanch
#OffTheRanch
#DemolitionRanch

Vet Ranch has the best appeal. They would be easy enough to make from aluminum.

Yeah you have a good idea there. If it’s something relatively big, it’s more likely to get attention easier.

I think we should be doing more signage around the space too. We lost the last of the room names with the last paint job.

Either Router Table room names or have Committees “make their own” to DMS standards. So CA would do something in mixed media. Fired Arts would use clay or glass, etc. They would need to be in a standard size and font.

I would prefer NOT to use the laser. It would be easy and I am not big into the burned edge look.

Any other ideas? Any strong feelings either direction.

1 Like

Brilliant idea!! There are many Youtubers that many of us watch that would (at minimum) acknowledge DMS on one or more of their vids… Even if it’s something like a smaller sign they could use on their set.

Here are some of the YouTubers I follow and who I think would be great candidates.

3D Printing Nerd
NYC CNC
April Wilkerson (Woodworker here in FortWorth)
I Like to Make Stuff
Abomb79 (Machining Channel)

2 Likes

I think we should also extend an invitation to these people if they are in town, we will give them a tour.

5 Likes

I think a creative fun rivalry might be fun- competitive…I don’t know.

2 Likes

I’m bringing up some steel mounting plates for arcade games tonight to see if @nicksilva wants them. In the past @Photomancer said yes, but I want to make sure Nick does too.

They have some press-in threaded studs that could be used if the cuts were placed strategically.

I was thinking teamwork instead of competition. Each Committee could choose or group think their best design and execute on it.

I also get the joy of having the same look and feel to signs throughout the space. Also, this gets done sooner because it is centralized.

There is some joy to both. Might do #2 and then any committee that wants to go independent can do their own within guidelines.

There is some sort of a sign being made for jewelry