PSA: Hot temperatures Today (and next few days)

My local forecast says the “feels like” is going to hit 100 °F today. Pretty early in the year for these temps, so be mindful of dehydration, kids & pets outdoors (water, shade, etc.), new plants/grass needing a little extra high-quality H2O, and anything that might get a little melty if left in your car (if parked in the sun).

4 Likes

Meanwhile my cars’ Evaporator core has sprung a leak behind the dashboard, and most people want between two and $3000 to fix it. I shall go without air conditioning for the foreseeable future. Because I’m darned stubborn that way.

3 Likes

Ugg. Its going to be a busy week for me. My primary on-call starts Tuesday. I guess I will find out who is not prepared

2 Likes

What kind of car? I’ve got a friend who will do much less than that on most cars.

1. Buick Enclave, 6 cyl.

I’ll ask him to give an estimate.

Brad

Thanks, much appreciated.

I was out in it doing my overdue first lawn mowing, or more correctly, weed mowing of the year. And if the heat wasn’t enough, my 80V Kobalt battery apparently gave up the ghost over the winter. So we added a Makita LXT string trimmer to the collection. I’ll order up another Kobalt 80 V, and see if I can resurrect either of the dead ones.

I must say that it is nice to have a newly air conditioned garage that you can’t park a car in. Lol

2 Likes

AND! While we’re on a PSA for high temperatures, I want all you old fat dudes to Be Aware of heat stroke and heat exhaustion symptoms. If you’re out mowing/yard whatevering, and you don’t feel well, go inside and cool yourself down! Don’t just sit down in the heat! I’ve lost 2 friends to “just sitting down” in the last few years. And usually at least one death makes the news each year as well. Watch out for yourself! Might apply to us old fat women as well, but either we’re just not messing around in the yard when the temps are this high, or we’re going inside to cool off. Personally, I don’t have a yard anymore…

Make sure you keep fluids going. Normal day for me in the summer is 2 gallons of fluids

1 Like

When I do sit down outside, it is in the shade, with a battery powered fan, and a liter of water. And my wife strongly prefers I either sit in an area covered by one of the cameras, or set up the roaming WiFi camera with a good view of where I am. But I do have a threshold where I go inside and find a fan to sit in front of. But yes, heat stroke is nothing to play around with. If in any doubt, get out of the heat. Don’t be the frog that didn’t jump out of the pot when the heat was turned up.

1 Like