Protocol question

I’ve been sitting here for 30 minutes looking at the two working printers (.92 & .94), both of which were in use, but have completed jobs sitting on the bed. I’m the only one here and there are no phone numbers or names to be seen, so I can’t contact whoever they belong to.

What’s the protocol here?

Do I just go back home having wasted a trip up here or do I take the completed jobs off the beds so I can use one of them?

1 Like

Side note - Bubba (.90) and .96 may be up, but both at asking for a password on the web interface.

1 Like

No notes and nobody around for a half hour means you may gently remove the completed part. Reminder to folks that you are still expected to leave contact info if you aren’t by the machine.

As for the login, your network login should work. If not, it means you aren’t in the 3D printer group. Easiest way to get in is to take the 3D fab quiz on https://learn.dallasmakerspace.org

4 Likes

It turns out to be VERY helpful to use my DMS username and not the one from my work. When I made that change I was able to log into Bubba.

11 Likes

So there used to be small white boards for each printer that let people put their name & phone number on it. I don’t see them anymore. Maybe we can do that again. :woman_shrugging:

I personally leave the box that holds my filament on top of the printer. I wrote my name and phone number on multiple sides of the box. That way I don’t even have to think about it. My information is there if someone needs to contact me.

2 Likes

Same here. Pretty easy to just attach your name to a filament box.

There are a couple of whiteboards floating around, but looks like the majority have walked off for greener pastures. Committee could totally get a few more.

3 Likes

Definitely! I’ll get some ordered shortly.

2 Likes