Proposed DMS Social Calendar (Rough Draft) for 2018

The newly formed social committee sat down for a few minutes and talked about what would be good to try to do. While I don’t want to get lofty I do want to have some goals for the group and this place on the social scheme.
This is an absolute rough draft of ideas to be revised and worked on.
Please let me know if you would like to volunteer to help out with this effort.

November –
Maker Crawl: Denton
Volunteer Appreciation Dinner (Kris baby just wanted to mention)
New member T-shirt Contest Announced (should be 10-20)

December –
New member T-shirt contest over and voted on - print shirts
December 9th – Member maker sale
DMS Holiday Party: Pot Luck

January –
New Member Orientation
Pot Luck to coincide with new member orientation (chili cookoff contest /lucky foods)

February –

March –
New member orientation (possibly)
Pot Luck to coincide

April –
New Member Orientation
Pot luck to coincide
DMS Member Picnic on a Saturday 11-5p - main meat provided sides and drinks to be brought by members (this will be a ticketed event)

May –
Bay Area Maker Faire
Meet up with other Makerspaces in California

June –
Maker Crawl: Dallas
The Purge: Maker trade day (No money only free items)

July –
New Member Orientation
Pot luck to coincide

August
Maker Crawl: Invite Makerspaces to come to Dallas Makerspace – hosting event for others to attend with presentations/tours and possibly “how to make a makerspace” workshops (Nation of Makers, other Makerspaces)

September
Pot Luck
Ideally this would be my month for a smaller attempt at Detroit Soup Event (my baby). I know we didn’t discuss this but it’s an idea to put a pin in. This is basically micro funding makers via a dinner/presentation/voting.
Maker sale – items for sale by members for members

October
New Member Orientation
Pot luck to coincide (costume contest)
DMS Open House October 6th

November
Volunteer appreciation dinner

December
DMS Holiday Party

Find out: Beer tasting event, larger cosplay events, Nerd specific holidays, ect.

1 Like

Open House for 2018. I think we are aiming for the first weekend in October. That will be Saturday, October 6th. (Mark your calendars.)

1 Like

I switched up the open house and put the maker trade in September so potentially the last week of September.

Don’t forget - December 8th is the Minecraft holiday party voting deadline and the 9th is when we start printing out the best of for the members to have doing the holidays.

1 Like

Also, VCC is working hard to build up the programming and startup culture at the space. So don’t forget about the Code Slinger: Coding and Coffee events.