Prop Making/Cosplay Building for Isshin Ashina The Sword Saint

Hello! :wave:

I’m Victor Nguyen, a new member of DMS. I joined because I wanted to build a cosplay for an upcoming anime convention. For now, I would like some advice (or mentorship if possible :slight_smile: ) on building the spear and helmet. I have attached a reference image below.

Isshin Ashina The Sword Saint

Regarding the spear, I would like to use either wood or PVC, but they have to be detachable, so it’s easier for transportation. I believe there is a woodcutting and plastic cutting area at the DMS that can help me with this. For the blade of the spear, it can be either wood or foam.

Regarding the helmet, I’m not sure where to start with this one.

Please feel free to reach out if anyone has any questions or needs some clarification with what I would like to build. This is my second cosplay I’ve ever wanted to build, so I’m still kinda new to all this.

2 Likes

You could start by searching Talk for HELMET. While you’ll get a lot of welding helmet stuff, you will also find things like these:

You could also peruse the COSPLAY category and see if it gives you any ideas.

1 Like

I have a full size Silence Glaive and Sailor Pluto’s staff that were both made at DMS. They were made by attaching 3D prints to PVC pipe.

1 Like