Projects for those that are shy to jump in

I took Woodshop Basics this past Saturday with Chris. I believe @Cairenn_Day mentioned earlier she had taken the course too.

2 Likes

And for any reading this, Since @Adam_Oas will not be able to make this @coloneldan could really use at least one more person for this so that he can receive an honorarium (and woodshop would receive as well)!

I put this in the event request. If you haven’t taken the intro class you won’t be able to participate in the bird house class.

2 Likes

I took it back last fall, I think I brought my 2x4 home with me for some reason

Apparently the one board birdhouse class never made it to the event calendar. I’ve turned in a helpdesk ticket and sent the request to [email protected] as well as [email protected].

@Cairenn_Day, @julzperkins you two are also the only ones who’ve responded positively to the class. I really need three students minimum to teach the class. If I don’t have a couple of more people interested by the end of the week I’ll need to reschedule the class. I’ll let you two know by the end of the week (Friday) whether the class is still on.

When you get a date set, let us know, I will try to talk it up some

The last time I taught this class only one student showed up. We had a good time, but I would really like to have at least three. So far only @julzperkins and @Cairenn_Day have indicated they would be in attendance. The event was only recently added to the event calendar and I’ve not received notice from anyone else interested in the class. Since I was going to go buy boards for the class I need to have a pretty good idea of how many are going to be coming.

Maybe a better solution is to have you ladies assist Walter with his dulcimer build. You’ll have lots of people there to help you and there are also non-wood working tasks associated with the project. I’ll be helping on this project, too. What do you think about this solution? I think the build is on July 16th right @wandrson?

I feel like I let you down on the one board birdhouse project, but I’m going to cancel the class at least for next week.

1 Like

Yep, that is when it is scheduled. Sounds like a decent solution, but the work we will be doing is going to be more complex then putting together a bird house.

I am thinking of an assembly line approach, so no one person will be taking a stick from beggining to end.

If you guys can use any (unused) fence pickets I have about a half dozen that I’m about to throw away at bulk trash day.

Are they cedar pickets or something else?

I think they are just pine. They’ve been in the garage for years and now standing against the garage behind the trash cans waiting for me to cut them up and throw them in the trash can.

No worries @coloneldan! Thank you for even offering!

I’m very interested in the class! I’m signed up for Woodshop Basics on June 15.
Graham

Did this class ever happen? I’m new and would love to take it.

1 Like

This class did not happen. I never received emails or notification from the minimum three students I wanted for the class. I’m happy to teach the class again as long as I have at least three people committed to taking it. Ideally, there would not be more than six in the class so that we have time to complete the birdhouses.

3 Likes

I’m in for any day or night, up until the end of July. Will also have another person along for the lesson. :slight_smile:

@NHess80

Not to discourage you, but before you could take this class, both you and the other person you mention will have had to take Woodshop Basics. If you’ll have, great! If not, get that done as soon as possible so you’ll would be able to take Dan’s class!

Also, if you’ll can’t get at least three to take this class so Dan’ could get the honorarium, you’ll could perhaps offer to pay him for the class directly to cover his time and materials.

1 Like

Not discouraging at all, definitely helpful. I plan on scoping out Wed night’s class to see if anyone no-shows and if we can’t get in that one, plan on doing next weekend’s.

Dan, if it’s a struggle to get 3+ students, I can absolutely pay you for your materials and time.

1 Like

Ok, assuming everyone takes the basic intro to woodworking course, I would love to teach the one board birdhouse class again. I will put it on the calendar once you tell me you’ve taken the basic course. Thanks for you interest.

4 Likes

I took the basics back in the fall. If I wait a lot longer, I may need to take it agani.