Project help/multicam

I have a 15” diameter oak cookie that I need to flatten and the only way I can think to do so is with the multi cam, which I do not know how to use…

Is there anyone willing to help me with this? Thanks in advance!

It won’t fit in the planer?

Technically I would think that would qualify as end grain and therefore not be suitable/allowable for the planer.

3 Likes

Yeah I figured since it’s the end grain I couldn’t use the planer

Don’t we have a slab flattening fixture/sled for a handheld router?

1 Like

That could be a good solution! If there is one does anyone know where that would be?

Someone was using one but I’m not sure if was their own or not.

In any case, they’re stupid simple to cobble together.

I’m stretched pretty thin and also on ‘rona lockdown so I can’t help with the Multicam. Hopefully you can get it done with a sled or someone else offers some Multicam help…

Here are some simple instructions.

1 Like

According to this prior post, Woodshop doesn’t have one. That post also gives some ideas on constructing one.

I have a 36 inch DIY sled that I would be willing to let you use depending on your urgency. I made it for use with my Dewalt Router but it should work with any handheld router. I’ve used the sled with success several times.

Thanks Will, I appreciate that! Bert has offered to help me flatten the cookie on his cnc machine so hopefully I will have that done on wednesday, but I appreciate everyones help!

1 Like