Problems with vetric

Hello I’ve been having trouble with the v carve bit database. I keep getting an error and my run times have tripled. One of the members told me it had been corrupt does anyone know if it’s been fixed?

WE re-installed the tool library a couple of weeks ago, and set it to read-only. This will cause an error dialog when you set up your cutpath, but won’t actually effect the cutpath - it’s just griping that it can’t save your params back to the tool library.

As to long run times - what bit are you using, at what feed rate?

1/4 Compression bit on 3/4 in mdf I don’t ever change the settings but before it would cut it three times faster than what it is now.

The posted feedrates in the library are all at 1x CED (cutting edge diameter). At 3x CED, you need to reduce the chipload by 1/2 to achieve the correct feedrate, and it will be slower.

Looking at the toollib, I think the params for the compression bits look wrong. I’ll try to update those in a few.

No. Not correct. If bit settings are now set to correct speed for 1 x CED (CED is Cutting Edge Diameter):
At 1 x CED leave speed at library setting
At 2 x CED reduce speed to 75%
At 3 x CED reduce speed 50%

EDIT: @Tapper corrected his post … it now has the correct speed reduction.

After looking, the library entry for the 1/4 compression bit is set at 325ips, at 3/4" depth of cut - clearly too fast. Looks like an error, or something that (possibly I) saved by accident during a cutjob.