[Printer Replaced] - Dye sub printer down

I just wanted bring attentention to dye sublimation printer. It’s been out of order for close to 3 weeks now…:frowning:

1 Like

Bump because of a need to make bad pun shirts for a convention coming up

1 Like

Someone thought it was a power supply issue?

@missydee1206, I’m happy to tear into it and check the PS if you’d like.

Raymond

Is this the “issue” ticket for this?
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/issue-ricoh-dye-sublimation-printer-down/23519/8

1 Like

I know she had someone look at it already and I don’t think the prognosis was good. We have a meeting here really soon and I am sure it will be discussed.

Yea that should be the correct issue ticket.
I checked out the printer and did the cleaning it recommended for the error codes. It still does not want to behave.

2 Likes

I yelled at it and said it was grounded…no luck either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have a project waiting for the dye sublimation printer, I would like it to be fixed as soon as soon as possible.

There are some posts online saying that printers with similar errors have been rma’d and were told it was a bad power supply.

The unit turns on and does a bunch of checks and then fails. Last time I checked it was a moisture alarm, bad/dirty encoding strip and bad/dirty ink tape thing. I guess the checks could be failing because of a power supply issue, but it could also be a wild goose chase.

The printer is actually the cheap part of this system, the ink costs twice as much as the printer. I believe if we upgrade to the larger and more expensive printer the ink is still compatible.

1 Like

The dye sublimation printer has been replaced:

And we are adding classes to the calendar:

2 Likes