Printer 96 left on, heat on, ABS on PLA only printer -- Not Connecting. 2021/08/03

Whoever was last using polyprinter 96, you left it on and hot. If you are the owner of this job :“ufo design v2.gcode”, you did not follow proper procedure. I noticed also that the printer is missing its reset button btw @Team_3D_Fab

1 Like

It seems the printer is not able to connect to octoprint, and I am having trouble shutting it down. I am just going to unplug it for now so that it can at least be idle and cold

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting and getting it cooled off.

Should be fixed as of a few days ago.

When I did my class the other day I will note that it did something very similar mid-print. It didn’t quite lose connectivity to the octoprint or anything, but it stopped mid-print (about 10% in) and just hard locked itself to the point I couldn’t slide the bed or the nozel head by hand, and I couldn’t turn the heat off via octoprint.

It wasn’t disconnected, it just decided to stop working. It wasn’t the file, either. I’ve printed it a few times and they’ve all been successful before this. We eventually had to hard reboot the pi in order to unlock the whole thing.

That sounds suspiciously like the filament switch tripped.

I admit I actually didn’t check because I actually needed a version of the model in question being printed to about that level to use as a demo piece for what infill is, so it was a happy accident. It could have been that and I just didn’t notice, but if that was the case would it have prevented me from cancelling the job via octoprint and turning the heat off?

Yes.

-.-.-.-

Alright, that was probably it, then. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like