Previous CNC Users

If you have previously taken a CNC class I am unable to enable V carve for you until you have created an Active Directory account. In order to do this please follow these instructions.

You will need to create your Active Directory (AD) logon account for the JUMP Server through our billing system (WHMCS).
If you have an account in WHMCS, you will need to do the following to create your AD account

• In the Top Right corner, click the dropdown menu that says, “Hello, YOURFIRSTNAME”
  • Click, “Edit Account Details”
  • Click “Save Changes” (blue button near the bottom)
  • Go back to the Top Right corner, click your name on the dropdown menu again
  • Click, “Change Password”
  • Click the blue “Save Changes” button.
    NOTE: You do not have to actually make any changes - unless any of your contact information is out of date - or you want a different password; but, you must follow the instructions above in order for your AD account to be created. The password you use in the billing system (WHMCS) will synchronize over to AD and will be the password you use to log into the JUMP Server.

Once you have successfully logged into Jump Server please PM that you have done so and let me know the day you took the class so I can verify you have taken the class.

After this is done you should be able to use V Carve with out issue.

Bad link.

more to fulfill the absurd 20 character limit.

fixed.
thanks 123456

Tried it. The second pass - “change password” - did require a new password to be entered.

I did so. Can’t log in now. Password reset email has not arrived either.

( Edit: – went back to the main page and the back to member portal. Already logged in. Very odd. )

I took the class with Kent but shortly afterwards is when the Jump Server went down. I just logged into the server via RDP, when I try to launch VCarve Pro 8.0 I get a license request.

Please ignore if this is something that is still being worked on.

I can’t add people to the group until they are created in Active Directory. (see first post). Now that you are in, I can add you to the correct group that will remove the license request.

I have now added you, so please log off and log back in for the changes to take effect.

Ok, sorry, didn’t know they software was using and Access Control List.

Thanks!

Ok, I did what you said, but I can’t login to the jump server. Is the domain supposed to be: JUMP, or is there another domain I should be using in place of JUMP?

Hi Alex, I am able to login to the JUMP server but when I start VCarve Pro I get the license information window.

Update: Nevermind, it is fixed now. Thanks Alex.

Outside of DMS it’s physical.dallasmakerspace.org. Inside, jump might work (or you might need an IP address).

1 Like

it should be DMS\USERNAME

Then your password.

Ok, I had to change my password before it would create the account. I had to go through the change password process, but I was able to use the same password.

Alex, I am enabled now if you want to add me to your list.

Thanks,
Paul

Quick question, when saving toolpaths in VCarve do I select “G-Code Arcs (inch) (*.tap)” for the Post Processor?

Multicam Arcs Inch (or something with those 3 words in another order) :smile:

1 Like

Got it. Thanks Kent.

When trying to load tool paths, pressing the DNC button yields the message “unable to contact the server” or something to that effect. How to fix?

Sorry Chris, was busy all day. If the pendant shows the computer icon with a red slash, you probably need to go into amateur radio room and login to the computer on the left side of the room (as DMS). Click the icon to login (no password).

The machine reboots every night around 2AM and screws it up. We’ll move the software elsewhere hopefully and make it more stable.

1 Like

Thanks Kent, I appreciate the help.