Powerline Network Adapters - No Reasonable Offer Refused

We’ll need those for the Computer Committee.

• How many units do you have?
  • What are the conditions of each unit?
  • Could we consider this a “lot offer”?

I just have the 5 Powerline boxes pictured here and I think there are two in the Trendnet box.

Are those 48V POE injectors?

Nope. These boxes allow you to send network communication over the powerlines in your home.

Great for if you can’t run an Ethernet cable to a certain location in your home. You just connect your router into one of them and then plug the others into rooms where you want a network connection.

1 Like

Ok, so I’m just trying to establish a fair price; what would you ask for all seven of them? (one can pm myself to discuss this further if they like)

Did you guys find a use for these? I have several I might be giving up soon. I have
2x gigabit x2 (2 units, with 2 ports each)
2x 500 Mbs
2x 200 Mbs powerline adapters

One of the gigabit units has an ac/g/b/n router in it. The software isn’t great, but it works. All of them work, but I was about to switch to a MoCA system. (COax cable). One thing to be aware of powerline is that real world speeds are often at best 1/3 of the listed speed which is the reason for the switch. But, 80-350 Mbs is nothing to sneeze at either.

2 Likes

So anyway I don’t know if there was interest in using these around the space - but I can make them available. The 200 Mbs one are free and maybe the 500. The gigabit/WiFi unit I paid almost $200 for so I have to get a little back, (30-50 maybe) but it’s not critical. I can still use it actually.

There are some quirks with powerline, it has to be in the wall, no matter what. Any extension cord or splitter or anything, especially a surge protector but even a common 2ft long power strip and it stops working. But with that in mind it’s reliable and quick to set up. Plug and play.

1 Like

I still have mine as well and I found two more that I do not need. Makers is welcome to have them for the low low price of free if they have a use for them.

Chris

still looking to aquire these for VCC. let me know when and where we can meet up.

1 Like

I will be up there today to meet with @TLAR to work on my Crossfire. I will bring them up there with me.

1 Like

i forgot I posted this. Sorry. I still have 4 two fast (400Mbps) 2 slow ones (40Mbps). I gave the middle pair to goodwill already.