Power Button for Pinball Machine

@engpin,
The hope is to have a small box that VECTOR can keep for use on all display pinball machines. I wouldn’t want to require an individual to modify a Museum Level restored machine in order to allow members to experience it. @Raymond nailed it.

Thanks for the suggestion @jast for the cord. In looking further it seems like those cords are sharing conductors in the plug and can’t be split easily to interrupt the circuit.

1 Like

Certainly can make a box with a shiny red button that latches a relay on. With a big super magnet to stick it to a leg.

1 Like

The cables in @Jast’s post are not wired correctly for what you want to do.

It wouldn’t be as pretty as @Nick’s design, but if I was going to do it, I’d buy one of these, wire the receptacle through the switch, put it in a metal handy box, and plug the pinball machine into the receptacle:
https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-109-05225-WSP-Combo-Switch-Receptacle/dp/B00004YUMX/ref=pd_sbs_60_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VK0AQFFY4CNFWQR001PR

3 Likes

One simple way to build this would be to take a cheap grounded 12 foot extension cord and cut it in two with a long cord with plug to run to the power strip or wall outlet and a short cord with the female plug that connects to the game. Run both cut ends into a project box and use wire grommets to prevent damage or wires getting pulled out on accident. Wire nut the green ground and white neutral wires to pass through. Wire the two black hot wires to a 120v rated toggle switch. If using a plastic project box you can epoxy several rare earth hard drive magnets inside and apply some felt to the outside as to not scratch the finish on the pinball leg or just make a leg bolt bracket like what is used on the PinGulp cup holder pictured above. Another option would be to mount the box on a stand that can be sat near the game for use with arcade games or other games that do not work with the pinball mounting option… Just an idea…

2 Likes