Powder coat oven

That loan isn’t to purchase baubles and beads. It is for capital improvements and to replenish the operating reserve account. I’m sure every area has a wish list for new equipment. Pretty good chance various committees could burn through the whole amount if that path was taken.

6 Likes

Chris, I have been involved in many capital expenditure equipment purchases. Some of them go quickly & smoothly. Others not so much. It just takes time & patience.

Jayson, I sent RFI to those two companies you suggested. Hopefully we will hear back soon.

6 Likes

Would replacing the filters 2x over the manufactures limit count as woodshop exspansion! Cause if not we basically just got 500knto have in the bank

1 Like

The filters are already on order [and might be here]. We are waiting on additional parts [already on order] though before swapping out the filters [I believe they are the threaded inserts the filters screw into].

The parts from Felder have taken an extremely long time from order to delivery. And you’ve been around long enough to know, doing things with volunteer labor slows things down even more.

But the filter replacement [from what I know] was not contingent on the SBA loan.

1 Like

The filters are here. We are waiting on additional parts required for the PM. The issue is not the board or a loan, but rather shipping / supply chain/ production back log issues.

5 Likes

I bet the board is behind the supply chain conspiracy!

4 Likes

I blame previous board members, especially Robert! :slight_smile:

I thought the old adage was blame Pearce ?

1 Like

You are confusing the powder coat oven with the freebie shelf! :wink:

Close. At ladybird we have stickers up everywhere that said blame Pearce on them.

1 Like

Something like this?

My favorite “surprise” sticker at Ladybird. It was very funny and I do think it was Pearce, so I blame him.

8 Likes

@Team_Metal_Shop Any update on the oven it’s been almost a month

floating this back to the top @Team_Metal_Shop

This would be in the $7-8K range, I should get a quote later today so we can discuss it at the metal shop meeting Saturday

2 Likes

is that the same size has the last one because we want to stay with that size

1 Like

Do you have a bee in your pocket?

Who is “we”? I attended the last metal shop meeting…

The we was when the committee first voted on the oven.

No just have projects I want to get done.